Tuesday, June 28, 2005

To Be In Love (or something like that)

Hello all,
I never thought that I'd be posting something along these lines (I know...never say 'Never'), but I have to say that I've been truly blessed lately. I've just reconnected with someone that I hadn't really been talking to and I decided to go pay her a visit a couple of weekends ago. I had a really wonderful time with her and we decided to start dating. I flew her down for this past weekend and again, had a really wonderful time. I haven't really had a real relationship in over a year, so this has been really refreshing for me. Without getting into too much detail, I can say that we've really hit it off and have hit the ground running, so to speak. I feel for the first time that I've received the 'shot in the arm' I've been looking for.
She has also made me realize a few things that I do subconsciously (and that I hope to correct). For example, I like to use the adjective "G0D D@&#" quite a bit and she calls me on it every single time. I hope to change that and find another, more colorful way of expressing myself without taking the Lord's name in vain (subconsciously or not). Also, when she is telling me something, I sometimes inject a story about a similar situation that happened to me and tend to go off on a tangent (again, something I'm working on). I'm glad that someone is honest enough with me to say "would you quit doing that?" if I'm doing something that is truly annoying. I can never be accused of being perfect (not too many of us can be), but I like to think that if something about me is flawed and that the flaw is such that it would be something that would bother me, then it's obviously time for me to correct that behavior.
I think that being with someone as forthright as that can only do one some good and if someone would get offended and think that the other person is just picking on them about it just 'for the hell of it' needs to take a real hard look at themselves. People as a whole are quick to look at someone else as the scapegoat when something goes wrong their lives instead of internalizing this feeling and looking to see if, in fact, that they themselves may have been the one to cause the situation. In a perfect world, people would be able to realize this and act upon it, but as I said earlier, not too many people can be accused of being perfect, so there goes that theory.
I just want to say before I close that I've really enjoyed the time that I've spent with my new girlfriend and look forward to spending more time with her and enjoying her company (I'll be going to spend the holiday weekend with her).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home